|Lost without Lost...
||[May. 16th, 2009|04:04 pm]
한국 사람이 아니다
Some observations and theories on the season finale
- I'm certain of the basic stuff: Locke is not Locke, Juliet may or may not be dead, now we know how Dr. Chang/Waxman/Candle lost his hand in those videos. However, if the incident happened, why would he still make the videos?
- It keeps coming back to light vs dark, caves vs beach, good vs evil, faith vs logic, man vs woman...what's especially interesting is the shifting allegiances within each dichotomy.
- Did Sawyer finish his letter? If he didn't, will he still be hunting down the real Sawyer aka Locke's dad?
- "Who was that?" "I don't know, but his Korean was excellent," absolutely killed me, considering how bad DDK's Korean was in the first season.
- Considering that the island seems to be obsessed with Ancient Egypt, why are there not more cats on the island? So far, there has only been the one scruffy one at Mikhail's cabin.
- More Egyptology: The statue is thought to be either Sobek, the Crocodile God, Taweret, the Pregnant Hippo Goddess/Demoness, or a combination of the two (which is what I think: the statue has the ears of the hippo but the body of the crocodile). What's interesting is that these two gods were linked; Taweret was a fertility goddess who protected women in childbirth and babies (and also guiding souls to the afterlife so they could be reborn), and was linked to Sobek because of his crocodile form. Sobek was also associated with life and fertility as he controlled the water; some sects belived that he created the world and rose from "Dark Water" to put the world in order. Interestingly, his mother, Neith, is a goddess of both war and wisdom, which seems a bit contradictory to me.
All of which is interesting in the context of Lost: one thing that came to mind when I read about the "Dark Water" is the diving into the cave to get to Jughead...which, at least in Jack's mind, would "put (their) world into order." And then there was the dive into the Looking Glass station, which would turn off the jamming signal so they could be rescued...
Still makes me really wonder why we don't have more cats, though.
- Vincent, Rose and Bernard. Awesome. I'm still waiting for my Vincent flashback. I love that Rose and Bernard are just living on their own. There's a theory that they turn out to be Adam and Eve, the skeletons in the cave in Season 1; I hope that turns out to be true.
- Did the bomb detonate? Is Juliet dead?
- Why did the car scream through the intersection to kill Nadia while the crosswalk sign had been on "walk" for a while? That's a serious red light running.
- I was so happy Sun found Charlie's ring. She has a thing about rings.
- I'm just getting to watching the season finale CSI...and who do I see?
Libby (Cynthia Watros) and Jacob (Mark Pellegrino)! Together! As a couple!
I have no idea what's going on in the show, because I'm too psyched at spotting Libby and Jacob in the same show!
It's looking like a bad week for Jacob/Bruno...
- There's much, much more...but this is enough for now.